PVC SLIDING TERRACE DOORS – PSK Type – Kömmerling Profiles
This tilt-and-slide system, together with special fittings, allows you to tilt and move the door leaf. A very functional solution in places where we want to save space.
1. The PSK tilt-and-slide system is based on the following profiles:
Kömmerling 76 AD
Kömmerling 76 MD
2. Operation of the tilt-and-slide system in a PSK-type terrace door.
PSK door in the tilt position
PSK door in the sliding position
3. PSK system properties:
- In the PSK tilt-and-slide terrace doors, we use parallel slide-and-tilt fittings from the company GU. PSK fittings by GU meet the requirements for barrier-free construction according to DIN 18040.
- The fittings for large and heavy leaves are additionally equipped with latch forced control, which pulls the leaf along its entire width when closing, and brings it back to the sliding position when opening.
- leaf width in the groove up to 200 cm
- leaf height in the groove up to 237 cm
- sliding leaf weight up to 200 kg
- all multi-point locking fittings are equipped with a mishandling lock device as standard
- optimum anti-corrosion protection with the ferGUard silber coating
- comfort and safety of use and operation regardless of the weight of the window
- innovative technology of the carriages enables precise movement of the leaf to any position and easy achievement of the tilt position
PSK TILT-AND-SLIDE DOORS – opening options:
2-PANEL – where the leaf moves onto the left or right fixed panel.
3-PANEL – where the middle movable leaf moves onto the left or right fixed panel.
4-PANEL – where the two middle leaves move onto the left and right permanent panels, respectively.
PSK-type doors are also produced, in which the leaves slide to the inside of the building wall. This solution allows to open the entire window opening. In this case, the fittings guide rails must be attached to the window frame and the inside surface of the building wall. The door frame must be installed flush with the internal plane of the building wall. The maximum dimensions of PSK door leaves are approximately 1600×2100 mm or 1400×2300 mm. The advantages of this solution include moderate pricing and high tightness. The disadvantages, in turn, are the high threshold in the form of a window frame as well as problems with opening and closing the leaves that may occur in the event of unskilful use.